What should you read next?
Read my short and sweet opinions to decide
- Do You Trust Your Own Thoughts?This story is imaginative, creepy, and mysterious. It gives you a trail of breadcrumbs that has you guessing constantly, and even had me thinking oh I know what’s happening and then drops another crumb that totally changes your thoughts. The characters were fascinating and had you genuinely invested in their individual stories and what could be happening to them. I really enjoyed this book, my first of 2021, and hope to read more by this author.
- Does The Truth Set You Free?A summer almost 15 years ago her neighbors, Beth and Cal Murphy, were shot right on their farm with Cal’s own gun. This murder remained unsolved, but June’s own brother, Jonathan, was and still remains to many the main suspect. June returns to Jericho, Iowa officially to help her friend Cora with the library, unofficially she wants to convince her daughter to move with her and solve this murder once and for all. There are things about the night of the murders that no one can seem to put together, but June might just hold the pieces.
- Family MattersTaylor Jenkins Reid was able write these characters with such depth you would think this is a true story. These characters each have complex stories and they are brought to life by the author’s writing. You see the struggles the family go through, the heartache they feel, and can even visualize their unique personalities. This story is unconventional and will leave you wanting to know more about the Riva family.
- Sometimes You Get What You NeedAlright, I must admit I would NEVER have picked up this book if it weren’t for a certain Netflix show. I can say I’m glad I did read The Heiress Gets a Duke by Harper St. George, it was a predictable, but an entertaining romance. It is a good feel-good story to read when you need some romance in your life, the same reason we all rewatch The Notebook a billion times.
- When Was The Last Time You Were Happy?Poppy has her dream job, apartment, and life, but now that she has it all she’s still feels unfulfilled, and she is determined to find out why. When she realizes the last time, she was truly happy, Alex was inter life. I honestly sat there thinking these two are idiots just be together! Their chemistry is undeniable, and the time jumps make you want them together that much more. I am so happy I picked this book up and it has satisfied my need for a good romcom book. This is a great read for your summer vacation!
Subscribe to receive the newest reviews to your email!