What should you read next?
Read my short and sweet opinions to decide
- The Curse of ImmortalityWhenever one character leaves it is not long until another comes to take their place and it makes you feel like you’re hearing an entirely new story. Circe’s life is complicated yet very simple and the troubles she endures will make you wonder if being a god or goddess is really something you should want.
- What You Don’t SeeThis is somewhat feel-good story that gives a little insight into mental health. It really shows how some people struggle so silently and some people are just quick to judge or dismiss them. As someone in the mental health field myself it was nice to read about it and hopefully this can help people be more aware of what is around them. Lana Grace Riva is a talented writer that makes a simple story into a captivating one.
- Can You Really Escape Your Past?This book jumps from a young Paul Adams to his now adult self. Paul is pulled back to his hometown of Gritten to see his mom as she slowly fades away in Hospice care. He had avoided returning to Gritten since he left for college and he doesn’t particularly enjoy being back now and those feelings intensify as things start happening that stirs up the past he has tried to forget.
- What If?This is a story about hope and rebuilding when you think your life has gone to shit. Hannah’s life in both scenarios has gone places she never expected and has been ruined in ways she couldn’t have imagined, but she picks herself up. It feels like a love story at first, but it really ends up as a hopeful tale of how your life will work out no matter how horrible it may seem right now and that somethings in your life are just destined to happen. That there is more than one soulmate for everyone and sometimes it’s the person that just falls into your life at the right time.
- Who do you believe?This book takes you through the ins and outs of a rape case, including what a nurse goes through with the rape kit. It also walks you through the court system, jury selection, and the theatrics that will make you question the justice system. Now not only is Rachel trying to record her podcast and decide herself if Scott Blair is innocent, but also if Jenny Stills had something much more tragic befall her all those years ago.
Subscribe to receive the newest reviews to your email!