What should you read next?
Read my short and sweet opinions to decide
- What Would You Do?Let me start out by saying Iris, our main character, was a very unlikeable character for me. She is obsessed with her sister and harps on her unnoticeable differences between them. She thinks her sister, who is her mirror twin, is somehow prettier and better than her.
- Here’s To 2021This was a great book to end my year on and I was excited to have an on-theme book for New Years. We have all had a long journey this year and sometimes a story of hope for love, work, and self-growth is exactly what we need to move into 2021.
- Who Can You Trust?This story has you believing one thing and then throws a curveball to make you completely suspicious of something else. I am so excited I was able to read an advanced copy of this book. It kept me on my toes and had my mind whirling the entire time trying to pinpoint the blame on someone. Before I knew it, I was finished the book and could not guess the ending. As a thriller enthusiast, not being able to guess the ending was infuriating, while being completely refreshing.
- The Curse of ImmortalityWhenever one character leaves it is not long until another comes to take their place and it makes you feel like you’re hearing an entirely new story. Circe’s life is complicated yet very simple and the troubles she endures will make you wonder if being a god or goddess is really something you should want.
- What You Don’t SeeThis is somewhat feel-good story that gives a little insight into mental health. It really shows how some people struggle so silently and some people are just quick to judge or dismiss them. As someone in the mental health field myself it was nice to read about it and hopefully this can help people be more aware of what is around them. Lana Grace Riva is a talented writer that makes a simple story into a captivating one.
Subscribe to receive the newest reviews to your email!